Health psychologist studies the relation of psychological well-being affects the overall health. They help patients with various physical and psychological health issues and they manage or explore on the psychological aspect that affects the illness.
According the latest health psychologist job trends, health psychologist salary is as below:
Lower Salary is
Average Salary is $91,810
Median Salary is
Highest Salary is
Health psychologist salary data based on real job postings and can be vary with the changes in the health psychologist salary posting range.
How Much Do Psychologists Make?
|Profession / Job||Lowest Salary||Average Salary||Median Salary||Highest Salary|
|Clinical Psychologist Salary||$26,995||$64,885||$53,985||$402,845|
|Counseling Psychologist Salary||$24,500||$47,810||$46,000||$95,055|
|Developmental Psychologist Salary||$22,000||$47,920||$42,025||$80,000|
|Educational Psychologist Salary||$29,000||$42,955||$37,750||$84,035|
|Forensic Psychologist Salary||$38,770||$61,490||$61,490||$122,849|
|Industrial Psychologist Salary||$37,785||$85,705||$55,030||$468,000|
|Research Psychologist Salary||$33,800||$74,140||$76,230||$114,025|
|School Psychologist Salary||$24,700||$51,930||$50,253||$114,400|
|Social Psychologist Salary||$31,200||$45,710||$41,600||$88,000|
|Sports Psychologist Salary||$36,565||$41,055||$41,600||$45,000|
|Child Psychologist Salary||$37,000||$66,115||$66,115||$110,206|
|Criminal Psychologist Salary||$32,295||$59,095||$59,095||$99,325|
|Health Psychologist Salary||–||$91,810||–||–|
What Health Psychologists Do?
The health psychologist may also work together with the patients’ family member who also affected with the illness.
The main responsibilities of health psychology are listed as below.
- Responsible in exploring the factors of individual’s well-being such as biological and social impact.
- Identify the behaviors of the patients which potentially damage their health condition such as poor diet, smoking, physical inactivity.
- Explore the patient’s behaviors in order to reveal for possible psychological interventions which affect the patient illness and pain.
- Make intervention with the patients to give awareness and empower them to develop self-sense to have control of their health.
- Encourage positive lifestyle such as healthy eating, regular exercise, and health checks.
- Give information and also advises to organizations which involve in public health.